seat replacemant 1963 R-2 Avanti

cfbowmer

Do you already have the seats or is the cost too low to pass up? You have options. You can use those seats and here's a source for brackets to fit them to an Avanti...seat brackets. They list the brackets you need for such a conversion. Another source for brackets is Wedge Engineering...Wedge engineering.

You can buy new seats from Procar and recover them to your liking. They also have the seat brackets you need...Procar by Scat. Those seats are also sold through Summit Racing but I would expect you have to order the brackets direct from the maker.

You can also find Recaro seats from a later Avanti being parted out. Thats what I did as they were genuine Avanti and I knew would work...plus I wasn't aware of the other companies at the time! Too late smart but they look and work great....and soooo much more comfortable than the seats that came in the car.

If you have to repair and recover used seats to match the interior, I would consider the Procar seats as they would require no repairs or new foam, just new covering.

Do you already have the seats or is the cost too low to pass up? You have options. You can use those seats and here's a source for brackets to fit them to an Avanti...seat brackets. They list the brackets you need for such a conversion. Another source for brackets is Wedge Engineering...Wedge engineering.

You can buy new seats from Procar and recover them to your liking. They also have the seat brackets you need...Procar by Scat. Those seats are also sold through Summit Racing but I would expect you have to order the brackets direct from the maker.

You can also find Recaro seats from a later Avanti being parted out. Thats what I did as they were genuine Avanti and I knew would work...plus I wasn't aware of the other companies at the time! Too late smart but they look and work great....and soooo much more comfortable than the seats that came in the car.

If you have to repair and recover used seats to match the interior, I would consider the Procar seats as they would require no repairs or new foam, just new covering.

Just be sure to keep the old seats to pass them on to future owners.

If someone wants an Avanti, they may prefer it to look stock and it's a bear to find the seats by themselves.