Avanti production numbers

r26349

Studebaker made 4643 Avanti's...plus a few prototypes with "EX" VIN's. I've never seen hard figures, but most sources I've read seem to feel that about one third were R2's. There were nine factory equipped R3's and none left the factory with R4 engines, though the option was available toward the end of production.

About the only way to get an actual figure is to examine the actual production sheets which I understand now belong to Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors. I have no idea if those records are even complete.

Studebaker made 4643 Avanti's...plus a few prototypes with "EX" VIN's. I've never seen hard figures, but most sources I've read seem to feel that about one third were R2's. There were nine factory equipped R3's and none left the factory with R4 engines, though the option was available toward the end of production.

About the only way to get an actual figure is to examine the actual production sheets which I understand now belong to Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors. I have no idea if those records are even complete.

Thanks for the information!