I always thought the area between the polished "spokes" was a frosted silver, but I have seen cars with that area darkened to a frosted black appearance. I don't know how correct that is but it appears at least some must have come from the factory that way. I know the wheel covers were earlier '50s Stude wheel covers overstamped to look like spoked wheels, but maybe various production runs or subcontractors may be the difference.

I never saw the darker wheels in any Studebaker advertisements, so they must have been a later change or authorized alternate wheel cover.

About 9? months ago, someone on eBay was selling plastic appliques to stick in the "hollows" of Avanti wheel covers. They were flat black. advertising "better than re-painting"

I always thought the area between the polished "spokes" was a frosted silver, but I have seen cars with that area darkened to a frosted black appearance. I don't know how correct that is but it appears at least some must have come from the factory that way. I know the wheel covers were earlier '50s Stude wheel covers overstamped to look like spoked wheels, but maybe various production runs or subcontractors may be the difference.

I never saw the darker wheels in any Studebaker advertisements, so they must have been a later change or authorized alternate wheel cover.