1990 window switch removal

RonB

I believe the drivers side window switch may be bad on my 1990. The switches are in the center console. I'm afraid of pulling the wood to hard as it may break. Seems to be under the leather trim all around except at dashboard area at ash tray, there it is under the other wood trim. Any ideas how to get at the switch? When I push the switch, the volt meter does not move. It does move when activating the other windows. The good news is the window is up but not operational. (side note; you guys that also had the leak problems, did you get them fixed using the method that I found?)

Ron

From the photos I have, each of those 4 switches are just pressed into the console. Probably have a plastic locking tab to grab the side of the hole. If you wrap a piece of masking tape around the end of a putty knife, use that to protect the wood. Then try and slip the keen edge of a penknife between the putty knife blade and the underside of the switch. These are polarity reversing switches. You can find them in a lot of places. Yours may have been a bit more proprietary in 1990, so I'd start looking at McMaster-Carr. If you find something that looks and works, pass the info on...

thx