FoLola

Supercharger Rebuild

The SC on my '63 R2 began making much noise. Today I pulled it off. (The manual says to push the idler arm toward the engine. It does not say how to push it.) I can barely turn the pulley by hand. Hmmmm.

So it's time to get it rebuilt. Does anyone have a recommendation on who does a good rebuild? Thanks.

Frank

8 minutes ago, FoLola said:

The SC on my '63 R2 began making much noise. Today I pulled it off. (The manual says to push the idler arm toward the engine. It does not say how to push it.) I can barely turn the pulley by hand. Hmmmm.

So it's time to get it rebuilt. Does anyone have a recommendation on who does a good rebuild? Thanks.

Frank

There's an SN-60 for a Stude Avanti for sale on e-bay right now.....I believe it was rebuilt using a bronze ball driver, and also a high-output impeller....You could purchase it, and sell the one you have as a rebuildable core.

Good Idea! I just "bought it now." What might my core be worth, anyone?

15 hours ago, FoLola said:

Good Idea! I just "bought it now." What might my core be worth, anyone?

Good deal!.....and I'd estimate that a rebuildable Paxton SN-60 supercharger core, (serial stamped that it was originally used on a  a Studebaker Avanti), to be worth between $300-$500.

give Dave Thibeault a call, he might be interested in the core

Mark