15" chromed OEM spoked wheels for sale

patrick604

Hello

this is to further clarify the original posting.

A member of this forum has helped me out with the item I have for sale.

They are one set of four aftermarket, non-OEM, Appliance "fine-wire" spoked wheels.

apparently made in california during the 70s and early 80s, they were a competitor to Cragar back in the day.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/appliance-wheels.279782/page-3

"As to Appliance Industries, they began as Appliance Chrome Plating in the '50s. That company was the first formal offset custom wheel manufacturer. They were bought up and became a division of W.R. Grace & Co. in the '60s. That division, called Appliance Industries, included Appliance Wheels, Belond Exhaust Systems and Mallory Ignition Systems. The wheel manufacturing, through the '70s, was performed in the Appliance manufacturing plant on Vermont Avenue in Harbor City, CA, with a warehousing and distribution facility in Compton, CA, across the street from the Exhaust Systems manufacturing plant. Steel wheel components were shipped to Mexico for welding assembly and returned to Harbor City for testing and finishing. Wheel and exhaust system manufacturer was under the control of Mr. Sandy Belond, Vice President of Manufacturing (my boss). He was the founder of Belond Exhaust Systems Company and the builder, owner and sponsor of Belond Exhaust Systems Indy Roadsters in the'50s If Appliance wheels were subsequently manufactured in Japan, I am not aware of it. As Manager of Industrial Engineering, I left Appliance in January 1975."

-Brian Weatherman -San Jose, CA

my distant uncle passed on.

i am helping my distant aunt find a purchaser for them

i will be having the (old) tires removed from the wheels and hope perhaps someone can make use or find an interest in these wheels

I know it is difficult to find genuine period-correct parts for these older cars and want to make this available to the forum.

thx, patrick

Archived