63 Avanti Starting Problems Continue

I am having issues starting my 63 Avanti. The battery is charged and the car cranks well but the car will not fire. I also smell fuel so I know the carb is receiving fuel. The ignition switch was replaced spring 2024 and at that time the car started. 

Now the car is up to its old tricks and just cranks/turns but does not fire. I drove the car on 9/9 but now it wont start. 

The car has a Chrysler Electronic starter. Curious if that is causing issues? 

Also, i did notice the voltage regulator was smoking when I last tried to start the car. But I doubt that is the reason why the car does not start...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

1 hour ago, Supercharged63 said:

I am having issues starting my 63 Avanti. The battery is charged and the car cranks well but the car will not fire. I also smell fuel so I know the carb is receiving fuel. The ignition switch was replaced spring 2024 and at that time the car started. 

Now the car is up to its old tricks and just cranks/turns but does not fire. I drove the car on 9/9 but now it wont start. 

The car has a Chrysler Electronic starter. Curious if that is causing issues? 

Also, i did notice the voltage regulator was smoking when I last tried to start the car. But I doubt that is the reason why the car does not start...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Do you mean Chrysler electronic distributor?

Sounds like fuel isn’t the problem so you need to check for spark…. One quick and dirty way to do that is to pull a spark plug, reattach the plug wire and hold it against a clean ground on engine and watch for spark to jump…. Use an insulated pair of pliers to hold plug!