Re-chromed rear bumper for '72-83 Avanti II

Pete Rutledge

I bought this re-chromed bumper about 4 years ago at Reedsville, PA.  It was intended for my '64 Avanti.  Because of the paper covering most of the bumper, I didn't realize it had the holes for the rubber bumperettes used on the '72-83 Avanti II (I'm not sure the vendor was honest in selling it to me, either -- I told him what it was for).  It's been stored in my house since that time.  I coated the bumper with Butcher's Wax to protect the chrome (that's why it doesn't look perfectly shiny in the pix).  The chrome plating is excellent.  But I can't use it.  I paid $600.  Asking $500.  My loss can be your gain.  I don't really want to ship it; if you're not too far away, I might be able to meet you part way.  If interested, please message me.

Avanti II bumper #1.jpg

Avanti II bumper #2.jpg

Avanti II bumper #3.jpg

• 4 months later...

Good Morning Pete - Checking to see if this bumper is still available and to see if the above price is your best price.  I will be making my way through Woodridge the morning of 26 March and afternoon of 28 March.  I am reworking RQB-3616 and would love to see if we can work something out.

Thanks & Blessings - Don