Avanti 'Setup'!

mfg

Like other new 1963 Studebakers, new '63 Avantis all underwent 'new car setup' before delivery to the purchaser. What was the item which most frequently needed adjustment during this setup prcedure?........... 1) Headlamps,.........2) Idle speed.........3) Glove box door

The headlamp adjustment and glove box door shouldn't change from the inspection process at the plant. But the idle adjustment could,considering it's a fresh engine. I'll take a stab at (#2 Idle adjustment)

I'd say head light alignment because it was probably one of the more noticeable things a driver would see (or not depending upon the factory "aim.") after driving and it was a safety issue. Given the standards for production at the time, I would think that a glove box being out of whack was expected for the period :( . If that is not the answer, I know what the answer is...!

I'd say head light alignment because it was probably one of the more noticeable things a driver would see (or not depending upon the factory "aim.") after driving and it was a safety issue. Given the standards for production at the time, I would think that a glove box being out of whack was expected for the period :( . If that is not the answer, I know what the answer is...!

Good point about aiming the lamps,....but the true answer was indeed #3,....adjusting an ill-fitting glove box door!