RIAA music sharing lawsuit, Sony VIRUS!

SBCA96

At the very least read this article about how Sony has put a computer virus on CD's in order to undermind their customers computer security.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/11/1...reut/index.html

Because the courts have given them free reign to sue, they now feel that they are ABOVE the law (which apparently they are) and they have started putting VIRUSES on the CD's they sell. So when their CUSTOMER puts the CD into their computer it loads a virus into their operating system that opens a "backdoor" for the RIAA to do whatever they want. It also undermines the security of the CUSTOMERS computer and leaves that "backdoor" open to any hacker that wants to use it. Think easy credit card theft! STOP BUYING MUSIC! This is the only way we as the little folk can show the big money hungery companies that they DONT have the right to do these things.

Now MY story ....

Well ... almost two years ago ... I set my wife up with a file sharing program called "Kazaa" which she apparently used to share some mp3 files ... I didnt know to what extent .. then I got a letter in the mail from my ISP telling me that the RIAA might be submitting a subpoena for my personal info .. Now almost two years later I got another letter .. telling me that my ISP got the Subpoena and that they had to release my info ... shortly there after I got a letter in the mail telling me that I had been sued, and lost as a "Doe" defendant ... then I had to call the Lawfirm. They told me they were going to sue me for over 700,000 dollars in copyright infrigment fines because there was supposedly 1014 songs in this "shared folder". I told them that the harddrive that was in the computer that the IP address was for, had died over a year before and all files were lost, then I told him that when I got the first warning almost two years ago and found out what might have been going on, I disconnected the computer. I can neighter confirm or deny it even happened. They said that the RIAA would be happy thats the case, but there is NO negotiating the extortion .. oops ... "settlement" fine. They offered me a $4250 (for over 1000 songs) or they would take my house. I decided to accept the extortion fine instead ...

How did they know you ask?

They have "moles" that sit on Kazaa and offer music for you to download from them .. then they log your IP address .. and make a "screen shot" of whats in YOUR folder to download from ... then .. they sue you ... this is just how "hurting" they are for money, they can pay people to sit at a computer to "intrap" people.

I did lots of research on the web . and other then living in Canada ... no one has won fighting the RIAA .. they have been SO successful .. that the MPAA wants in now and is sueing too!

After two years of lawsuits, file sharing has INCREASED, so sueing music lovers isnt working as they hoped. It is really a nice way to make money, this way the Music Industry doesnt have to bother making quality music, or lowering the unwarrented cost of a CD, they can just SUE people to supplement their sales. If they had fined my a couple hundred dollars, it would have sent me a message that what I "did" was illegal, but to make me pay a $4250 "settlement" fee, just makes me REALLY mad. Spread the word!!

Tom