Beaucond Motors, Colorado Springs, CO

okc63avanti

Going through some old photographs I found a few pictures taken on August 14, 1976 my 20th birthday. My family and I were in Colorado on vacation and after seeing a billboard advertising the New Avanti II, I talked my Dad into driving to the dealer to see their cars, after all it was my birthday. I'm not sure what an Avanti II listed for in 1976 but it was more $$$ than my Dad ever paid for any of our new Dodge or Chrysler cars.

This first picture is me standing by a new Avanti (window stickers visible) in front of Beaucond Motors. This was 33 years ago and about 80 to 90 lbs ago as well.

BeaucondAvantiII-1.jpg

Here's a profile shot of the Avanti, the exit sign off freeway says Academy Blvd. Beaucond motors was next to Bob's camper sales, I have no idea if any of this is still there after 33 years.

1976AvantiII-1.jpg

If there is someone out there who lives or lived in the Colorado Springs area and bought an Avanti II in 1976 or early 1977 that was this same color from this dealer it would be interesting to know if the car survives.

Finally a photo of a Studebaker GT Hawk at the dealer (I don't remember what year or if it was for sale). Maybe someone out there knows about this car as well.

GTHawk1976-1.jpg

Edited by okc63avanti