Want to buy 82/83 Avanti II

cobrajoe74

Hey all...new to AOAI membership...I'm looking to purchase the nicest 82 or 83 II that I can find...(Thanks to all of you on the Avanti-Yahoo website for your suggestions & words of encouragement & sorry if I bore you with redundant info that I've already posted on that site)...prefer all options-roof/driving lights, etc. (though I'd rather have Magnums vs. wires & no trunk rack) & in opposition to Henry Ford's Model T, any color other than black!! I'm in no rush & if I can't find anything by Sept 08 I plan on attending the Studebaker national meet in Lancaster, PA in hopes of finding something there...still keeping my eyes on Ebay for anything interesting...I'm located in South Florida (Stuart) so anything close is great (I can see the car in the metal, as it were), but I'll travel for the right car...my Email is mogambo66@comcast.net...any info is appreciated...Thanks in advance...Joe

We have been toying with the idea of letting RQB 3496 go to a new home. Bezels are good original or newly replaced. Rear bumpers are very nice. Front bumpers are fine from 10 ft but would be nicer if rechromed. Fine, reliable driver.

031308Izzy.jpg

061806AvantiRear1.jpg

350sbLeft.jpg

AvantiDualExhaust4.jpg

041606AvantiInterior06Seats.jpg

Lancaster is right up the road from us. If it is still available in the fall, we will probably take her up for a visit.

Joe Menacker

Ernie:

'Twas a moment of temporary insanity exasperated a depressed economy. After pulling the Avanti out of the garage a driving it again for a couple of days we couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces. RQB 3496 will be staying with us for some time now.

Thanks for your concern. We feel all better now.

Joe and Judy Menacker

Edited by jmenacker

And I was already winding that 350 out in 2nd gear with the new AC blasting and the aroma of fine leather in my nostrils!!! I guess I'll have to settle on a 305 with hot feet, cracked leather & water dripping from the moonroof!!! thanks for the almost sale, though...Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all...new to AOAI membership...I'm looking to purchase the nicest 82 or 83 II that I can find...(Thanks to all of you on the Avanti-Yahoo website for your suggestions & words of encouragement & sorry if I bore you with redundant info that I've already posted on that site)...prefer all options-roof/driving lights, etc. (though I'd rather have Magnums vs. wires & no trunk rack) & in opposition to Henry Ford's Model T, any color other than black!! I'm in no rush & if I can't find anything by Sept 08 I plan on attending the Studebaker national meet in Lancaster, PA in hopes of finding something there...still keeping my eyes on Ebay for anything interesting...I'm located in South Florida (Stuart) so anything close is great (I can see the car in the metal, as it were), but I'll travel for the right car...my Email is mogambo66@comcast.net...any info is appreciated...Thanks in advance...Joe

Hey CobraJoe74,

What is your price range are you looking to spend?

Bill