89 door weatherstrip

ken1007

Is the 1989 Avanti supposed to have a door weather strip? Mine does not. My 63 Avanti has such a strip mounted on the door. I bring this up as the driver side door on the 89 was rattling and a temporary weather strip of left over material used on the 63 was installed on the body just below the latch. It made for a much more quiet ride. The 89 was extensively modified before I bought it and door weather strip might have been left off. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Ken, My 89 convertible has a weatherstrip mounted (glued) to the door. The strip wraps from the top inner front of the door, wrapping around to the bottom, then up the inner rear of the door stopping at the top of the door body curve. The weatherstrip seals to the door opening in the body, when the door closes and if missing would be noisy and cause rattles. I can send pix if you would like. My email is mgrutza@gmrsales.com Please send me your email address if you want pix. If you have a hardtop coupe I do not know what is used at the top of the door to seal the door to the roof panel......Mike