Sign in to follow this  
jaswalters

dash light sockets.

I am replacing the dash lights with LED lamps on my 63 Avanti.  The reference I am using says the tach lights are the hardest to get to, and that they are at the 2:00 and 8:00 position on the Tach case.  I couldn't find any lamp sockets on the tach at all, so I pulled it out of the dash.  I found the holes for the sockets, but at the 3:00 and 9:00 position, and they were covered with tape.  The sockets will not be able to be installed in that position due to steering column and i don't see any way to spin the case around to get the holes in the referenced position.

This is all a bit mysterious.  I"m planning to drill new holes and install the sockets and lamps where they are supposed to be.  I have only one light socket that is available, so I need another. Does anyone have any suggestions on sockets that would match the Avanti's dash light sockets.  Or any reactions in general on what I have shared?

Thanks.

send an email to Dave T; studedave@aol.com,  he most likely will help you

Mark