Avanti 63R1025

mfg

There was a '63 Avanti near here that was treated to a first-class Avanti Turquoise paint job (its original color).  However, the color was way off, more like a grayish turquoise.  Who knows what the owner told the body shop, but I assume he just said "Avanti Turquoise."  To make matters worse, the interior was completely reupholstered in turquoise vinyl, but that color was too bright.

I don't trust contractors.  They don't like it but I get right in the middle of things when these decisions are being made.

Just my experience.

--Dwight

21 hours ago, mfg said:

Mrelmtow....Looks like 63R1025 is coming along nicely!

Suggest that you proceed with caution when purchasing the 'Avanti Turquoise' paint......

That's my favorite Stude Avanti exterior color....however, I've seen more than one Avanti painted that color which looked WAY too blue, whereas the original Studebaker color really was more of a turquoise...Good luck!

The person I have doing the body and paint work is very familiar ( and particular) with Avantis and I know will get it correct. When at the last show together, he pointed out three different turquoise variations when I only saw one!

3 hours ago, Mrelmtow said:

The person I have doing the body and paint work is very familiar ( and particular) with Avantis and I know will get it correct. When at the last show together, he pointed out three different turquoise variations when I only saw one!

WOW!..

He sounds like "THE MAN" !!

• 1 month later...

Bringing this older thread forward .....Avanti 63R1025.was worked over by the Granatellis, 299 CI R3 engine installed, and then road tested in a 1963 edition of HOT ROD MAGAZINE.

Edited by mfg
Added text

BREAKING NEWS!!....Information recently posted by an Avanti Forum member confirms that Studebaker Avanti 63R1016 is the car that was featured in HOT ROD MAGAZINE, not 63R1025!

See the 'AVANTI COLOR' thread, in the Avanti Trivia section of this forum.

Edited by mfg
added text