Bumpers PITA

tanda62

Removed the bumpers on my 63 and the rear was a real PITA. Are the brackets on the frame supposed to have fixed bolts? Also the passenger side of the down bracket over the spring holder is closer to the frame than the other, I hope that doesn't mean the frame is out of square. Guess I will find out when the body comes off.

IMG_20210317_171218061.jpg

I don’t understand why others say the rear Avanti Bumpers are a PITA. They have the ability to adjust pretty much every gap  on the bumper to look good. Yes, the bolts for the bumper to frame are fixed. I haven’t looked real close at the spring brackets, but I believe there is some adjustment. I’ve had them where they weren’t exactly the same, but when you’re done aligning, adjusting and tightening it is difficult to see any difference between the two. 

Have Fun and enjoy

Robert

On 3/17/2021 at 6:21 PM, tanda62 said:

Removed the bumpers on my 63 and the rear was a real PITA. Are the brackets on the frame supposed to have fixed bolts? Also the passenger side of the down bracket over the spring holder is closer to the frame than the other, I hope that doesn't mean the frame is out of square. Guess I will find out when the body comes off.

IMG_20210317_171218061.jpg

I'd guess the 'down' bracket may be bent...it's a bolt on.