Progress on 63 R-2386

okc63avanti

To check out the progress on my Avanti by Mike Myer check out the following link.

http://www.myersstudebaker.com/john_graham_avanti.htm

The old collision damage to right front was hidden by old paint, it has been repaired. The next problem was badly rusted windshield frame which was repaired by cutting out bad sections and tack welding in new metal and then coating with anti-corrosion primer. The body is now primed and ready for paint. Mike just finished porting the heads and will work on completing the engine rebuild. Removing the body from the frame is next, then the frame will be stripped for sand blasting and powder coating.

Is the car going to be white again?

Just curious what the turnaround time estimate is? It took me 8 years to get mine on the road without and engine rehuild I'm wondering how long it takes the pros.

ErnieR

I dropped the car off at the end of February 2009 and the expected delivery data is May 2010.

The body is primed and ready for paint. Since this car is getting performance, safety and comfort upgrades I'm not worried about total originally. The exterior will be painted a current Dodge/Chrysler color called "Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat" Interior will be redone probably in a fawn/elk combination. Michael has finished the work on the heads and will start engine reassembly soon. The body will come of the frame in another month or so and then chassis sent out for sandblasting and powder coating. This car is being converted from an R1, automatic with AC to a Supercharged R2+ with AC and Tremec TKO 5 speed.