Parking Light Lamps

I have diffiulity changing the lamps within the small confines of my front parking lights especially when they have become corroded inside their sockets. My fingers are large and I find it hard to obtain a grasp upon them in order to push and turn them. Does anyone know of a trick to make their removal and insertion a bit easier?

Thanks,

Paul D. Eikenbary

:)

I have diffiulity changing the lamps within the small confines of my front parking lights especially when they have become corroded inside their sockets. My fingers are large and I find it hard to obtain a grasp upon them in order to push and turn them. Does anyone know of a trick to make their removal and insertion a bit easier?

Thanks,

Paul D. Eikenbary

Slipping a short piece of snug fitting heater hose over the bulb will facilate either operation.

Sprayineg both the bulb base and the socket with a liberal amount of WD-40 will go a long way towards preventing further corrosion and make the bulb easier to both install and remove.

Charlie 84 touring coupe #RQB-3921

cbk

• 2 months later...
:)

Slipping a short piece of snug fitting heater hose over the bulb will facilate either operation.

Sprayineg both the bulb base and the socket with a liberal amount of WD-40 will go a long way towards preventing further corrosion and make the bulb easier to both install and remove.

Charlie 84 touring coupe #RQB-3921

cbk

Hello, Charlie,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have purchased new front parking light lamp assemblies to replace my old corroded ones and when I install them I will spray the sockets and bulbs with WD-40.

Thanks for being out there for me and best regards,

Paul