1988 window sweeks

Lorin Warner

GREETINGS FROM VERMONT!

The window sweeps (the rubber strips located at the base of the widows to prevent water from going down inside the doors) are totally deteriorated on my '88 Avanti convertible. Does anyone have information as to where or what vehicles might have this type of rubber moulding on them? I suspect that these same moulding were used on some other brand vehicle. Thanks for any help.

Respectfully, Lorin Warner, Lowell, Vermont --- email: lorinwarner@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
GREETINGS FROM VERMONT!

The window sweeps (the rubber strips located at the base of the widows to prevent water from going down inside the doors) are totally deteriorated on my '88 Avanti convertible. Does anyone have information as to where or what vehicles might have this type of rubber moulding on them? I suspect that these same moulding were used on some other brand vehicle. Thanks for any help.

I had no luck finding them so I decided to use the rubber off of a new one for my 84 El Camino that I got from Chevrolet. Half way thru the operation I decided to just cut the El Camino sweep and use it. It is not as wide as the Avanti 11 one but fit in pretty good. If you get a source on the factory sweep please let me know. johnaic@aol.com

GREETINGS FROM VERMONT!

I purchased mine from Restoration Specialties. They are the same as on my '87 Avanti, correct width and with the metal trim. I still need the short pieces of felt that is stapled to the sweeps, they had it but I forgot to order them. You will need to attach the felt and cut to fit. Restoration Specialties said that they bid on the orginal Youngstown Avanti sweeps but did not get the bid. I will try and find my reciept that has the PN, I think the sweeps for both doors cost me about $30.00.

www.restorationspecialties.com

Jim Wood

The PN is YMR256X, a 96" strip which is enough for both doors is $24.95. I talked to Dave and he cut the piece in half and coined the ends for a small fee.

email - info@restorationspecialties.com

phone - 814-467-9842

Jim Wood