Door Panel Questions

dadavanti

Anyone know exactly how the door panel goes back on? I have the door panels, a couple of round cardboard piece about 4 or 5 inches in diameter and a couple of round insulation pieces about the same diameter. Where do these little donuts go? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anyone know exactly how the door panel goes back on? I have the door panels, a couple of round cardboard piece about 4 or 5 inches in diameter and a couple of round insulation pieces about the same diameter. Where do these little donuts go? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You mean upholstery panels? If you have a parts manual, look at plate 21-10 on page 187.

The cardboard pieces are a mystery.... I would expect that a foam rubber donut goes over the door handle pivot post, between the upholstery panel and the door (or the mechanism from which the pivot post extends), likewise between the upholstery panel and the door lock pivot mechanism, and that there would be a nylon separator disc between the decorative door handle escutcheon and the handle itself.

So, door>foam donut>door panel>chrome escutcheon>separator disk>handle

A further check of the workshop manual: it mentions "hardboard discs" but doesn't say in which order it

goes on... instead it tells you to "remove the rubber spacers and hard board discs from the regulator and remote control shafts and note their position for proper reassembly", which doesn't help much. I guess I'd put them between the foam donut and the pivot mechanism, eg, on the door side of the foam donuts rather than the panel side.

Edited by WayneC