Rollbar cover

J Boyle

My car's rollbar cover fell off (bad clips jury-rigged by a previous owner) and while reattaching it I cracked the padded plastic finish.

Any replacements (fawn) out there?

Or do you recover it with vinyl?

The only place I know of to get a new replacement is Studebaker International. They sell a reproduction roll bar cover but it's not padded...it's solid. You paint it to match. They have new clips and the correct fawn paint as well.

You might look for an upholstery shop to tackle redoing your original or look for someone with a donor car that still has a usable cover to sell.

The plastic covers don't look too bad but the one I got would not stay on with the clips and I ended up using two chrome, interior sheet metal screws. I think they mis-calulated the arc of the clip retainers. The outer ones would not allow the clips to lock in the holes. There was also quite a bit of trimming necessary but it will cut with sharp scissors..

The problem with the originals is the deteriorating foam which in turn cause the clip retainers to pull out. I imagine a company like Just Dashes could repair it, figure big $$$.

I'd be happy to send a picture of the plastic one installed if you want.

Ernie R2 R5388

My car's rollbar cover fell off (bad clips jury-rigged by a previous owner) and while reattaching it I cracked the padded plastic finish.

Any replacements (fawn) out there?

Or do you recover it with vinyl?

I re-covered mine with the same vinyl used on the other panels.

Jeff

The plastic covers don't look too bad but the one I got would not stay on with the clips and I ended up using two chrome, interior sheet metal screws. I think they mis-calulated the arc of the clip retainers. The outer ones would not allow the clips to lock in the holes. There was also quite a bit of trimming necessary but it will cut with sharp scissors..

The problem with the originals is the deteriorating foam which in turn cause the clip retainers to pull out. I imagine a company like Just Dashes could repair it, figure big $$$.

I'd be happy to send a picture of the plastic one installed if you want.

Ernie R2 R5388