1964 Trace

GeoBurns

I recently purchased a black tag CA Avanti, which I have been told means that the car was originally titled in CA.

Is there any way to trace the previous ownership of this vehicle? I am in PA. I want this just for documentation purposes.

Edited by GeoBurns

• 1 year later...
I recently purchased a black tag CA Avanti, which I have been told means that the car was originally titled in CA.

Is there any way to trace the previous ownership of this vehicle? I am in PA. I want this just for documentation purposes.

Hi,

If you're talking about R5399 I was one of the previous owners from about 1997-2001. Such a great car that hardly gave me any problems, it was unfortunate I had to sell it.

If you have any questions about it I'd be happy to try to answer them though I gave all the actual documentation/pics to the guy who bought it from me. By the way it was entered in a few Studebaker contests by the owner previous to the previous owner (his brother) in the non-stock category (due to the hood and wheel flares which I happen to think look great) and you can see the photos in a few of the turning wheels magazines.

I hope you're enjoying that car as much as I did.

Peter Horn