Bendix/Dunlap Brake Parts

I am rebuilding the Bendix/Dunlap brakes on my 63 Avanti.   All parts are rusted and I need to replace the Pad Retainers P/N 1100-27  and the Pad Supports P/N 1100-27 both of which are rusted out or pieces rusted off.  I have search the web and all the Avanti parts suppliers I could find but no one I can find has these parts. 

So is there any source that I have missed for getting replacements for these parts? 

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

John Priester

You'll be way ahead installing the Turner kit which upgrades your disc brakes to modern calipers and pads.  The cost is roughly the same as rebuilding your entire disc brake system.  It's not that the Bendix/Dunlop system isn't capable but the parts are hard to come by and are expensive when you can find them.  

If you feel you must get replacement Bendix/Dunlop parts give a call to Myer's Studebaker, Nostalgic Motors or Studebaker International.  They will probably be able to help you.  Just be careful you don't get so deep into it that you find getting the conversion kit is a better way to go.  Completely examine every part of your brakes to make sure you're not biting off too much.

Gunslinger

Thank you for the response. Looked at both the rebuild and the Turner Brake conversion. Big factor was that all for Dunlap four calipers have be machined out and new stainless steel inserts install.  The information I have is that it was done by Whitepost Restoration four or five years ago but the pad supports  and retainers were not replaced and have since badly rusted.

The cost of new seals and the pad supports and retainers plus new pads, "should be" less than the Turner conversion assume my time is worth zero.  Although I will probably eat those words after I have spent time getting the shimming done correctly.

I will post my results, cost and labor when this brakes are back on line.   I did not call Myers.  Should have been my first call.

Thanks again.  You are always a wealth of  good ideas and suggestions.

John Priester