Seat belts

Dayla

Hello, i am looking to replace the front seat belts on our 1983 avanti with a red interior.  They no longer retract well. I found some for $90 each for a 73-87 chevy truck, wondering if anyone else has replaced them and used those or is there a a better option?

9 minutes ago, Dayla said:

Hello, i am looking to replace the front seat belts on our 1983 avanti with a red interior.  They no longer retract well. I found some for $90 each for a 73-87 chevy truck, wondering if anyone else has replaced them and used those or is there a a better option?

The belts in your car use a bolt to hold the retractor and a pin to locate it. When I did mine in the 83 I just went to a website like this one and ordered the style and lock I wanted.

https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/category/3-Point-Retractable-Seat-Belts.html

If the pin was not in the right spot, I just modified the mount to fit. As far as the truck belts, I have no idea if they'll fit but I do know you'll want to order ones with about a 130+ inch belt length and the buckle length to match your existing one. Do not consider using the existing buckle with the new belt, replace the complete assembly.

I'm familiar with this currently as I just removed one from my 74 and ordered one from Summit Racing to replace it. 

Replacement is pretty obvious but be sure to remove the rear seat bottom and find all the screws that hold in the arm rest which needs to be removed to replace the belts.

4 minutes ago, Avanti83 said:

The belts in your car use a bolt to hold the retractor and a pin to locate it. When I did mine in the 83 I just went to a website like this one and ordered the style and lock I wanted.

https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/category/3-Point-Retractable-Seat-Belts.html

If the pin was not in the right spot, I just modified the mount to fit. As far as the truck belts, I have no idea if they'll fit but I do know you'll want to order ones with about a 130+ inch belt length and the buckle length to match your existing one. Do not consider using the existing buckle with the new belt, replace the complete assembly.

I'm familiar with this currently as I just removed one from my 74 and ordered one from Summit Racing to replace it. 

Replacement is pretty obvious but be sure to remove the rear seat bottom and find all the screws that hold in the arm rest which needs to be removed to replace the belts.

Oh my gosh, more color options too! Thanks for that link