Avantis on eBay

studegary

I just noticed that there are 12 Avantis currently on eBay.  I don't remember there being this many before.  I don't know if this says something about the Avanti market or not.  A lot of the sellers seem to be fishing for what looks like an unrealistic high price, at least to me.  To me, how many sell and at what price is more meaningful than how many are presented for sale.   

One reason why I haven't offered my '02 for sale yet is coming up with a fair market value is difficult as so few of that generation were made and very few even know they were ever made.  They come up for sale so rarely there's not much of a track record of realized values.  It's definitely a case of rarity having no relation to value.

5 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

One reason why I haven't offered my '02 for sale yet is coming up with a fair market value is difficult as so few of that generation were made and very few even know they were ever made.  They come up for sale so rarely there's not much of a track record of realized values.  It's definitely a case of rarity having no relation to value.

This makes me think of that 2005 at a Chrysler dealer (Maryland I believe).  They have had it on and off eBay for years.  They do not have it up for auction, but rather have a sale price that IMO is about three times the market price for the car.  

EDIT:  You can ask whatever you want and sometimes get lucky.

Edited by studegary

• 3 weeks later...

For sale Avantis are picking up steam. Unfortunately multiple choices depress prices. BaT, if you make their cut, does a better job of supporting prices by enabling participant comment. These discussions hold interest. Auction is similar to eBay with more pics/information. If you are looking for $25K+ you are more likely to get it there.