Cafaro built crossover parts list

DaytonaR2

Does anyone maintain a list of the crossover parts list for the Cafaro cars.  It took me a a while to determine the quality window motor gears made of steel are AC Delco 19251639, or ACD 11P34.  The Dorman's break quickly as the gears are pot metal.  I just am curious if anyone has built a list of the crossover parts for these cars?

The AOAI memorabilia committee has what is probably the only tractor feed computer printout of virtually all the parts used for the 1990 Avanti four-door cars.  Let me know here what you're looking for and when we usually meet once a week, I can look up the part number.  

Contact George at Olympus Avanti.   I saw these window switches at his South Bend swap meet tables last weekend.   His contact information is in his full page ad in the last several issues of Avanti Magazine.

• 2 weeks later...

Brad said the supplier went out of business, but I'll suppose the company didn't really make the entire piece.  More than likely, they took a production piece from another vehicle and trimmed it to fit the Avanti.  The key here is to try getting in with someone in the business and see what crosses over.  The auto glass industry has a pretty tight knit web and  my recent foray into looking for a windshield for a 4 door was revealing.  After I "found" one, it was quoted at over $1000.00 plus shipping, it turned out that the windshield is the same as any other Avanti.

I see you have a nice 55 also....  They're great touring cars.  What is the VIN of your Avanti?

thx

The door glass on a 1990 is DOT 243-1089.  This glass is made by Spec-Temp, Inc., Antwerp, Ohio. Paragontemperedglass.com A company of The Cypress Companies, Akron, Ohio.

2 hours ago, studegary said:

The door glass on a 1990 is DOT 243-1089.  This glass is made by Spec-Temp, Inc., Antwerp, Ohio. Paragontemperedglass.com A company of The Cypress Companies, Akron, Ohio.

Thanks.   If they made it from scratch and they're OOB, then we're OOL  (out of luck)..

• 4 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 5:14 PM, silverstude said:

Brad said the supplier went out of business, but I'll suppose the company didn't really make the entire piece.  More than likely, they took a production piece from another vehicle and trimmed it to fit the Avanti.  The key here is to try getting in with someone in the business and see what crosses over.  The auto glass industry has a pretty tight knit web and  my recent foray into looking for a windshield for a 4 door was revealing.  After I "found" one, it was quoted at over $1000.00 plus shipping, it turned out that the windshield is the same as any other Avanti.

I see you have a nice 55 also....  They're great touring cars.  What is the VIN of your Avanti?

thx

Some later Avanti windshields did not have the dip for the gunsight hood in the lower edge in front of the driver.I don't know which models.