Avanti article in Hemmings Motor News

Pete Rutledge

Picked up a copy of the February 2007 issue of Hemmings Motor News yesterday and much to my surprise found an article about the Avanti. It's on page 66 and is presented as an article on dashboard design. It's a very complimentary one-page article with two pictures. One is a front-side view of a square headlight '64 R2 and the other is a picture of an Avanti dashboard and steering wheel (possibly from the same car). The dash has the Tenite walnut grain covering, the steering wheel is walnut grain, there is no A/C, and the transmission is automatic. It's a nice article and good to see it in a publication as well circulated and respected as Hemmings Motor News.

Every bit of positive publicity helps our cause. We still get very little respect out there.

Also, this Sunday we're bringing our Avanti's to the local car show sponsored by the South Fla. Corvette Club at Ed Morse Chevrolet dealer grounds. My buddy Ed may bring his 1964 R4 - ( TWIN PAXTON SUPER !!! ) to show them Chevy owners a true legend. B)

Every bit of positive publicity helps our cause. We still get very little respect out there.

Also, this Sunday we're bringing our Avanti's to the local car show sponsored by the South Fla. Corvette Club at Ed Morse Chevrolet dealer grounds. My buddy Ed may bring his 1964 R4 - ( TWIN PAXTON SUPER !!! ) to show them Chevy owners a true legend. B)

Would love to see Pictures of this car. Post them or send me and e-mail to karlspark2@sbcglobal.net if you can. Wonder how close it is to my 63 R4 Twin Paxton car. Twnchgr.