1963 Avanti original steering wheel needed

coupeguy

I have had my 63 supercharged for some time but this is my first posting on this forum, my car was adulterated with all sorts of wrong parts, but most importantly I would like to acquire an original 63 steering wheel as complete as possible. Also need a spare tire cover with latch and the horseshoes that go on the upholstered tops of the door panels, if horseshoes is the right term. My car may be for sale later this summer after a few changes back to original as I can accomplish. Or maybe not, hard to get over the love of the lines Mr. Loewy generated so long ago. Still fresh and new. Compare it to a jumble of lines and surfaces like the newer Lexus RX to see what I mean. Thanks for any help or suggestions on possible sources.

Between Myer's Studebaker, Nostalgic Motors and Studebaker International you should be able to source all those parts.  You also keep and eye on eBay as most or all of those parts show up eventually.  

I do not see any ads on that CL except for a cool restomod, but I do need a few parts   to make my car functional, hood latch, wiper assembly, etc. my email is michaelstroz@gmail.com and I’d appreciate hearing from you. Thanks 

Edited by Mistro

Call this number in Little Rock   501 687 7772  he has a Steering Wheel and column , plus other parts. In the photos I was sent, the wheel looks to me to have separated at the "rings" on either side. Take a close look.

Good luck,

John

Edited by JLBKY