Avanti R5168!

mfg

50 minutes ago, mfg said:

What production change did Studebaker make on Avanti models after serial number R5168?

Two things come to mind for about that time period; 1) first use of Sears Allstate tires and 2) improvement to the 1963 style seat (still not the thick back seat).  

As usual, these answers come from my memory.  If incorrect, I will leave it to someone else to research it.  

1 hour ago, studegary said:

Two things come to mind for about that time period; 1) first use of Sears Allstate tires and 2) improvement to the 1963 style seat (still not the thick back seat).  

As usual, these answers come from my memory.  If incorrect, I will leave it to someone else to research it.  

And good thoughts they are!, Unfortunately not the correct answer though!:(

16 hours ago, NHcamper said:

In-house assembly of body’s?

Good thought, but no, that's not it!......HINT...This pertains to power window equipped Studebaker Avantis ONLY!:o

5 minutes ago, mfg said:

Good thought, but no, that's not it!......HINT...This pertains to power window equipped Studebaker Avantis ONLY!:o

The new, additional window lower stop. 

22 hours ago, 1963r2 said:

Did they move some electrical parts from the engine bay to under the dash to stop heating issues?

There was a service letter concerning that ...however, no, that's not the answer here!:(