Side mirrors on 1974 Avanti II - manual remote control

StingrayHawaii

Looking to replace the side mirrors on my recently purchased 74 Avanti.

The left manual remote is missing a knob and both show some corrosion and chrome deterioration.  

They apperar to be a MOPAR cuda or 70’s b model dodge mirror but not sure of the exact Replacement.  Does anyone know the correct interchange mirror model? 

Also, since they are small diameter mirrors has anyone replaced them with a larger square or rectangle manual remote mirror with a larger mirror head?  Better rear view mirrors would be a plus!

If they're the mirrors I believe they are, they were American Motors sourced mirrors.  You should be able to find them through AMC reproduction suppliers.  There's also no reason you can't replace them with any other mirror you happen to like if you can make then fit properly in the mounting holes.

Thanks for the info!  I looked up a couple of the AMC mirrors and they do look like them, will remove one and see if I can get a number.  I have also been looking at some larger aftermarket ones at Summit.  They would be larger and less expensive but the stock AMC ones do look good.  Decisions, decisions .... thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

I just replaced the driver's side mirror on my 73, and as other's have confirmed it is an AMC mirror. I bought a new one from SI at the International Meet here in Tacoma last summer for about $180 as I recall. You might give them a call since they had a couple sitting there although I'm sure they aren't listed in the catalog. I can get the part # for you, but I think you will find there are a lot of variants of that part #. I can confirm that the one from SI is a perfect replacement!

I just bought my first Avanti a 1980. I was just looking it over carefully and looked at the mirrors and said to myself “ those are the same mirrors that I have on two of my AMC cars”. If you would like let me know and I can give you two or three suppliers names for the AMC parts that should have these.