Special Avanti ll!

mfg

During model years 1966, 67, and 68 (Nate) Altman built  .....?..... "round headlight" (original '63 Stude nose panel) Avanti ll's per customers special orders..

1) None.......2) One......3) Two....or....4) Four

Edited by mfg

This sounds vaguely familiar to me, so I will say two, as in two Avantis, or your second number 2 and not your first number 2.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, mfg said:

During model years 1966, 67, and 68 (Nate) Altman built  .....?..... "round headlight" (original '63 Stude nose panel) Avanti ll's per customers special orders..

1) None.......2) One......2) Two....or....4) Four

2 minutes ago, studegary said:

This sounds vaguely familiar to me, so I will say two, as in two Avantis, or your second number 2 and not your first number 2.

Whoops!...sorry about the 'two twos!'...I changed it!....However, your answer, sorry to say, is incorrect:(

3 minutes ago, NHcamper said:

I’m going to say zero, they marketed the car with square head lights and offering the round option would not be consistent with what was in their advertising.

Makes sense..and you are CORRECT!....(There was at least one early magazine article that stated 'round or square ' was still up to the customer...however, I believe that was a S-t-r-e-t-c-h!:D

6 minutes ago, studegary said:

I know that the question did not ask about 1965 Avantis, but were any round headlight Avantis assembled then?

I've seen no information along those lines, however, I do know of at least one 'A' series Avanti ll that was repaired with a 'round headlight' nose panel after a collision. (Which really doesn't matter in this conversation!:))

'

Several years ago when I stopped by Jon Myer's place in Ohio there was an Avant II (not sure what year) that was receiving the round headlight treatment at the owner's request.  I'm sure it must be done by now.