Avanti Write-Ups!

mfg

Of the nine production line Studebaker Avanti 'R3's', most were ordered (written up for production) in the month of ........?....... 1963

1) July........2) August.......3) September......or......4) October

4 hours ago, mfg said:

Of the nine production line Studebaker Avanti 'R3's', most were ordered (written up for production) in the month of ........?....... 1963

1) July........2) August.......3) September......or......4) October

Most means majority, which in the case of nine would be the last five.  These were all manufactured in October through December, so I will say 4) October.

11 hours ago, studegary said:

Most means majority, which in the case of nine would be the last five.  These were all manufactured in October through December, so I will say 4) October.

Sorry, October is incorrect!:(

Anyone else?......

Let me reiterate this trivia question......What is being asked here is which month (of the above choices) was most of the nine 'production line' R3 Avantis "WRITTEN UP" for future production......NOT what month was most of the R3 Studebaker Avantis actually built.:)

I will now say August based on Sales Letter 161 that states; "The Avanti R3...will be available on or about August 1, 1963."

Since this Sales Letter is dated 6/10/63, one might say July, but I do not think that they were "written up for production" prior to August.  

6 hours ago, studegary said:

I will now say August based on Sales Letter 161 that states; "The Avanti R3...will be available on or about August 1, 1963."

Since this Sales Letter is dated 6/10/63, one might say July, but I do not think that they were "written up for production" prior to August.  

August is the correct answer here!:)....The breakdown is as follows....FOUR R3 equipped Avantis were written up for production in August.....TWO in September.....and finally THREE in October of 1963.

2 hours ago, mfg said:

August is the correct answer here!:)....The breakdown is as follows....FOUR R3 equipped Avantis were written up for production in August.....TWO in September.....and finally THREE in October of 1963.

This doesn't support your original question.  You say; "most were produced".  That would mean at least five (the majority out of the nine). If you said; "the most were produced" (a way of saying more in that month than any other month), then the correct answer could be any month that one more than any other month, which is what you cite.  I know that is what you meant to ask, but it truly isn't what is expressed in your statement/question.

2 hours ago, studegary said:

This doesn't support your original question.  You say; "most were produced".  That would mean at least five (the majority out of the nine). If you said; "the most were produced" (a way of saying more in that month than any other month), then the correct answer could be any month that one more than any other month, which is what you cite.  I know that is what you meant to ask, but it truly isn't what is expressed in your statement/question.

Swinging after the bell again Gary??.........That's OK, I do appreciate your enthusiasm!!:wacko:

2 minutes ago, mfg said:

Swinging after the bell again Gary??.........That's OK, I do appreciate your enthusiasm!!:wacko:

Not "swinging after the bell" since you already told me that I had the "correct" answer.  I was just explaining how your wording led me and perhaps others off of what you were seeking.  

Just now, studegary said:

Not "swinging after the bell" since you already told me that I had the "correct" answer.  I was just explaining how your wording led me and perhaps others off of what you were seeking.  

WOW!...you got the correct answer to a question which you say you did not understand.......WHAT LUCK!!:)

On 10/29/2018 at 11:49 PM, NHcamper said:

Since someone else did the heavy lifting lol, I will say July.

Close NH camper!, only one month off!:)

(By the way,.....I'd like your opinion.....Did you find this trivia question especially difficult to understand?.....Thanks!:))

39 minutes ago, NHcamper said:

The human brain is a complex Thing just like our cars. Lol, but to answer your question no, now that being said I can see how others my interpret your question differently than I did.

Thanks NH, that's what I thought.........and by the way, that was a VERY DIPLOMATIC response!!:)

15 hours ago, mfg said:

Close NH camper!, only one month off!:)

(By the way,.....I'd like your opinion.....Did you find this trivia question especially difficult to understand?.....Thanks!:))

It was not "difficult to understand".  As written, technically it conveyed the incorrect message, not the one that you intended.