Avanti 1/4 Windows!

mfg

40 minutes ago, mfg said:

Concerning 1989 Avanti convertibles, the rear 1/4 windows can be lowered at the same time the top is being raised or lowered........True?

I will say False, because, IIRC, the top activation also activates those windows for a small movement to provide clearance.  

33 minutes ago, studegary said:

I will say False, because, IIRC, the top activation also activates those windows for a small movement to provide clearance.  

You are 1/2 correct here,....as the answer to this trivia question could be true OR false!:o

False, The windows on my 89 convertible don't move automatically when the top is lowered.  I don't lower the windows while top is being lowered, who wants to hold 3 buttons at the same time?

3 hours ago, plwindish said:

False, The windows on my 89 convertible don't move automatically when the top is lowered.  I don't lower the windows while top is being lowered, who wants to hold 3 buttons at the same time?

The Avanti factory offered an 'update' for the 1989 convertibles that allowed the 1/4 windows to be lowered while the top was being lowered....Apparently, your Avanti never received this update. (That's why the answer to this trivia question may be true OR false!:))