Number stamped on frame

StudeNorm

10 hours ago, studegary said:

Is it the last four digits of your Serial Number?

No. It is 4 digits and it has R stamped under it. It is on the x-member part of the frame. It is in full view on the front right section at the exhaust cutout. I would post a pic but am now limited to only 360K file size and that seems really small.

1 hour ago, StudeNorm said:

No. It is 4 digits and it has R stamped under it. It is on the x-member part of the frame. It is in full view on the front right section at the exhaust cutout. I would post a pic but am now limited to only 360K file size and that seems really small.

Try posting your pictures using the "insert other media" tool in the lower right. I've been using it to post pictures directly from Google Photos. The picture will need to have a web address though.

LgbIPZSGdfFI25oLXXGFqH6SOeNS7ee-LZXu3Iot

Edited by Avanti83

Without opening my parts manual (it is so much easier to look foolish if I don't) I will have to agree with Mr. Dudley on this one. I found the letter L on the other leg of the cross member... Still learning. I will go and check the parts manual now!

Ok, so that was a big fail... Unless I was looking in the wrong section there is no mention of any number that describes the x-member. I checked the parts manual and the authenticity manual. I still believe Mr. Dudley is correct but how to prove it. I await great wisdom to guide me in my quest.

Edited by StudeNorm

My car has a number stamped on the X  cross member, but the car has been put up for the winter, so I can't easily confirm what numbers are there.

IF, you are looking for the serial number on the frame, I found mine on the cross member  where the top of the shocks mount. It is very faintly stamped , but it can be read.I have the advantage of owing this car for 46 years and it has always been garage kept, and only driven in dry weather, thus no rust on the frame. As slight a stamping as there is, I can imagine that it could be very difficult to see it on a car with a rusty frame.Should I have to move the car that is under the Avanti I'll get a photo of the number and post it.

John