S-P Avanti!

mfg

1 hour ago, mfg said:

No 1964 Studebaker Avantis had "Studebaker-Packard" on they're serial number plates......True?

True.  Studebaker-Packard ended in 1962 (when many 1963 Avantis were built).  

13 minutes ago, r1lark said:

Did the reserialed "EX" Avantis retain a Studebaker-Packard serial number plate?  Only thing I could think of.........

Paul - I also thought of this, but those cars received new numbers at the end of the 1964s.  I can't imagine that they had numbers stamped on an old plate.  

28 minutes ago, studegary said:

Paul - I also thought of this, but those cars received new numbers at the end of the 1964s.  I can't imagine that they had numbers stamped on an old plate.  

I didn't think so either, but couldn't think of anything else ?

10 hours ago, r1lark said:

I didn't think so either, but couldn't think of anything else ?

r1 lark,  studegary,........Sorry no, we're not speaking of the serial number plates found on the "ex" Studebaker Avantis here.:(

Anyone else like to try to come up with the answer to this "trivia mystery"?:o

So, the consensus of opinion here is that no 1964 Studebaker Avantis had the STUDEBAKER-PACKARD  name on there serial number plates?:huh:

Edited by mfg

Interesting, here is a pic (below). However, if this Avanti wasn't shipped to Belgium CKD, then it was assembled in South Bend and surely would have had a South Bend serial number plate. So in this case, the 'original' serial plate must have been removed and this plate installed -- if so, then does this really count as this scenario would mean installing this 'Studebaker-Packard' plate would have been a 'modification'?  

Not trying to bust your chops Ed, since this has been a very interesting Avanti Trivia question and I've enjoyed the back and forth. :) 

R5619 serial plate.jpg

Sorry boys,.... but in this case I must say GOTCHA!!!:o....There is no such thing a two 'official' serial number plates on one motor vehicle, so whether the serial plate on R5619 was installed in the U.S. or in Belgium, that IS its plate......And it indeed has S-P on it.......And "that's -that"!:)