Avanti Lighting!

mfg

31 minutes ago, schuyler said:

That the interior lights went on as the door was opened?

Exactly!!:), Avanti Motors wired the interior rear seating area lights to come on when doors were opened......I never understood why Studebaker failed to do that?:huh:

Wow, I got one right! When I got my Avanti I thought that I had a problem with my door switches. After much problem solving I concluded that the interior lights on my 63 aren't supposed come on as the door opens. So what purpose do the door switches have?

21 minutes ago, schuyler said:

Wow, I got one right! When I got my Avanti I thought that I had a problem with my door switches. After much problem solving I concluded that the interior lights on my 63 aren't supposed come on as the door opens. So what purpose do the door switches have?

Do Stude Avantis have a buzzer that sounds if you open the door with the key in the ignition?

5 hours ago, schuyler said:

On Studebaker Avantis,the door switches only activate the under dash, over-the-console light.:)

Edited by mfg

4 hours ago, scottgriggs said:

Do Stude Avantis have a buzzer that sounds if you open the door with the key in the ignition?

Nope, Studebaker Avantis were built in the good old pre-buzzer days!:o

Hahaha! Joke was on me!  I don't know how much time I spent trying to get the interior lights to come on with the doors opening. Have owned umpteen Larks over the years and it never occurred to me that the Avanti would be different and I would need to "look in the book" and trace the wiring. Mind you I did find a short in the under-dash light that kept smoking the fuse. Love this platform! You never know what may show up...:D

My 76 was wired the old way as only the under dash lights come on when the doors open.  The two rear seat lights over the rear side windows only operate by the switch on them.

1 hour ago, plwindish said:

My 76 was wired the old way as only the under dash lights come on when the doors open.  The two rear seat lights over the rear side windows only operate by the switch on them.

My '70 is the same.  You want the rear courtesy lights on you use the switch.