avanti project for sale

arkus

1964 studebaker avanti, r-5317, r-1 auto. i have owned this avanti since 4/1977, having purchased it from the original owner. restoration started in the early '80's. rust free frame and troughs, never needed repair. body off frame complete chassis restoration, everything either new or rebuilt. body repaired where necessary, (usual weak spots) and re-gelcoated by a glass expert; his real job is repair of ocean going glass boats. needs to be blocked out. body is completely disassembled. a partial list of more major parts included follows. new :  complete wiring harness, dash pad, custom made ididit tilt column to accept restored original '64 wheel, complete, except 1/4 windows, rubber/seal kit, windshield, (all other glass perfect), complete upholstery panel set, headliner. rebuilt radiator, heater core and surge tank. complete original engine rebuilt to r-2 specs by noted stude. people in massachusetts. complete original r-2 supercharger system, all brackets, idlers and pulleys, rebuilt blower. 2005 mustang gt front seats, (power), upholstered to mimic original avanti fronts, original back seat done the same with enough material to complete interior. rechromed bumpers, most smaller chrome parts have been rechromed. boxes of new and nos smaller parts. car is virtually complete and has been a labor of love collecting parts to finish restoration but i finally admitted to myself that time (i'm 78) will not permit me to complete this r-2 air car. price for all is $14,500.00 firm, not significantly more than the value of the engine and blower set-up. call anytime after 7pm to get a better idea of all included, 802-492-3440, vermont. george perry

• 1 month later...

Archived