Extensions

schuyler

The 63 and up Avanti came with chrome exhaust pipe extensions. The original part # was 0403-25. They were called " deflectors ". Where can I find a after market " deflector "

that is the same size and chrome as the original? I understand that a Studebaker vender has a replacement, but it seems over priced to me. Is there a more economical replacement. Or am I being a bit to thrifty?

Thanks

You can certainly find generic types on the market...check out some speed shops or Summit Racing or Jeg's.  Studebaker International does (or did) sell reproductions of the originals.  Aftermarket are probably less expensive but quality is all over the place.  Basically...you get what you pay for.

When my car was rebuilt I had a 2 1/2" exhaust system installed to replace the 2" that was standard.  I purchased a pair or chrome ends in that size.  They are available.

23 hours ago, schuyler said:

I understand that a Studebaker vender has a replacement, but it seems over priced to me. Is there a more economical replacement. Or am I being a bit to thrifty?

I see you also like Corvettes. so perhaps you aren't a "CASO" like me. I bet you've purchased Corvette parts in the past that "seemed overpriced to you".  Would you put a generic aftermarket exterior mirror on a nice older Corvette? If you would, then look for exhaust extensions for your Avanti at Wal-Mart or AutoZone. If not, consider keeping your Avanti original (assuming it's not already modified),  and patronize one of the Studebaker parts vendors for the extensions. John