Tacoma, here I come!

Kennie B.

Well this past week has been quite the slog!

Couple of weeks ago, I was able to get a rear axle from John Metzger with TT and a 3.31:1 gear set.  My old one is a 3.73:1 ratio without TT.  

So, the tear down only showed one bearing (outer pinion) needing to be replaced.  A fresh set of flanged axles went in (thank you Phil Harris).  Found out the old brake cylinder on the right weeping, replaced both (thank you Studebaker Parts) and had a local barke bonding shop (Pacific Brake Bond in Monterey Park) reline my shoes, turn the drums and arc the shoes to match.  All sorted between Tuesday and Friday.  Installed the new axle, heavier anti roll bar, brake components, rubber bushings and test drove by 16:00 this evening.  During the drive the odometer rolled over to all zeros, too cool.

So, Laurence (yes, I named my car after Raymond Loewy's daughter) is ready for the run to Tacoma.  I leave Pasadena on Sunday come oh dear God it's DARK!-hundred hours.  Hope to see you guys there.

Ken

Well, I'll be here waiting for you!

Anyone else here that's coming, feel free to chime in. I live about 2 miles from the epicenter and I'm going to do my best to make sure you all have a good visit!

We made it to Columbia Falls Montana just west of Glacier Park. Raining here and car is a mess even though it is on a trailer and there is a board across the whole front. Hopefully no more road destruction as the gravel and mud are horrible.

We're gong to set up a car wash station. Try to find either Lou Cote or myself and we'll take care of you.

John Hull made it in last night and we'll be meeting up later this morning to start setting things up!

We stayed in Buckley and found a wand style car wash. I had to drive the truck thru and block a bit of the exit but people understood. It took off most of the course grit but I had to towel it down and use my spray and shine to clean it up. It is a driver so that will mostly have to do. See ya later today.