just planned my trip to cancun!

b denning

I would say call Avanti and talk to them, if their assests havent been frozen,

they should still be able to sell one. Sounds like it might be a really good

investment since the ones in the Avanti Magazine article might be the end.

Tom

But how many times has "Avanti" died? I sware the name is cursed.

The Avanti name wasn't cursed untill the egotistical scam artists like Blake and Kelly got their hands on it. I can't remember when I've laughed as hard as I did when I saw the local news announcement about Kellys arrest. Maybe justice will finally be done.

The Avanti name wasn't cursed untill the egotistical scam artists like Blake and Kelly got their hands on it. I can't remember when I've laughed as hard as I did when I saw the local news announcement about Kellys arrest. Maybe justice will finally be done.

We've discussed this on the Avanti Yahoo groups board...regardless of what anyone might think of Mike Kelly, he's entitled to a presumption of innocence until found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. Let's treat him as such.

The fact is, Mike Kelly saved Avanti...twice from being nothing but a footnote in automotive history. Regardless of how the current situation shakes out, he deserves our thanks for what he has done for the marque. Let's show some support and hope for the best...for Mike Kelly and the future of Avanti Motors.

We've discussed this on the Avanti Yahoo groups board...regardless of what anyone might think of Mike Kelly, he's entitled to a presumption of innocence until found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. Let's treat him as such.

The fact is, Mike Kelly saved Avanti...twice from being nothing but a footnote in automotive history. Regardless of how the current situation shakes out, he deserves our thanks for what he has done for the marque. Let's show some support and hope for the best...for Mike Kelly and the future of Avanti Motors.

Right On !

Charlie RQB-3921

Mike Kelly may have saved the Avanti twice, but I'm not sure he deserves our thanks if this shakes out to be true.

I know I don't want the Avanti associated with a fraud or someone who built the company on stolen money!!!! I'm pretty sure those who lost money will not be to fond of the Avanti, and I'm not to sure it won't damage the marque.

Trust me, I hope this is all one big misunderstanding and Michael Kelly is innocent.

William

Mike Kelly may have saved the Avanti twice, but I'm not sure he deserves our thanks if this shakes out to be true.

I know I don't want the Avanti associated with a fraud or someone who built the company on stolen money!!!! I'm pretty sure those who lost money will not be to fond of the Avanti, and I'm not to sure it won't damage the marque.

Trust me, I hope this is all one big misunderstanding and Michael Kelly is innocent.

William

law says innocent until proven guilty!mike kelly has done an amazing job bringing avanti into the 21st century! the only thing wrong here is that the markrting of the new avanti is poor.leaving for cancun next month and gonna have a great time!

As many know on here I dont have the highest regard for Avanti Motors

since after handing them the finishing touch ('03 Cobra wheels) for their

all new Avanti they didnt have the decency to give me a "thank you". I

contacted Lew in hopes he could give me Kellys direct email address so

I could ask why I was never given any response, but I guess it needs to

be forwarded through a Florida jail now anyway. I had assumed that my

email was intercepted by someone at Avanti who submitted it as their own

idea (since it was immediately changed too its obvious the choice was a

correct one, getting that person a promotion or bonus), but its very much

possible that it was actually Kelly himself that took credit for it. Whats

quite funny, is my Cobra brake article was in the SAME issue as the one

they unveiled "their" new wheel choice. I bet whoever it was that used

my suggestion had no idea that my car would end up IN Avanti Magazine

(their primary advertisement source) and all over the internet with my

Cobra brake design. Not getting the "thank you" was only part of what is

bugging me, whats more upsetting is after a decade long search for THE

"right" wheel, people will think that I copied Avanti Motors.

If it isnt Michael Kelly, there is some dishonest person working there. Of

THAT I am very sure. I noticed that they had their own center cap made

for the latest cars wheels, that would have been the perfect "thank you"

gift, along with an official letter of thanks from Michael Kelly himself. Just

incase you are reading this Mr Kelly.

I wasnt looking for a Chip Foose type consulting fee, just some credit I

could share with friends. Look familar Mr Kelly? B)

cobra_brake_testdrive006a.jpg

Avantiad2007only.jpg

avantiad2007a.jpg

Tom

Edited by SBCA96

Grrrr. I tried to post on the Yahoo group, but I dont see my post. I dont know

where it went. This is why I rarely check that group, its a shame that more of

those guys dont come over here. I guess they like the private messages??

If one of you on the group can check and see if it even posted, or link to this

thread or whatever .. I am tired and going to bed.

Tom

b denning, I totaly agree innocent until proven guilty. But if Michael Kelly is guilty and it seems likley, I don't think Avanti enthusiast should be happy that our marque is associated with a thief. I guess I would disagree with your comment of "The only thing wrong here is the marketing of the new Avanti is poor." I would think the real "wrong" here is the new company was built on stolen money from innocent people. Just my thoughts. And further, if all this is true I'm sure those he stole from would feel the same. Of course if he is wrongly accused then Michael Kelly should be commended for all he has done. Enjoy Cancun.

Tom, Beautiful car.

I'm running 17" boyds on my car front end lowered approx. 1.5 inches.