Rear Glass

What year, make and model rear glass/window was used in the Ford Mustang based Avanti coupes?  Also, is the rear window the same for the 2005 and 2006-2007 model coupes (different base cars)?  

This sounds like a trivia question, but it isn't because I do not know the answer and am trying to find out from someone that knows for sure.    

I don't know the answer but the glass should have some identifiers in one corner...manufacturer, date code, etc.  Take those numbers to an auto glass shop and they should be able to help if a web search doesn't.

I seem to recall from 2006 when the '06-'07 Mustang based Avantis were introduced, that the coupe model's rear glass was noted as being sourced from the then just out of production GM Firebird/Camaro. The first Mustang based Avantis, the '05's, were convertible only.

Gunslinger's suggestion of reading the etched manufacturer data from a coupe's rear glass, is of course the most certain way to determine the source.

24 minutes ago, Randy Atkin said:

It is a Pontiac Firebird rear glass for the years 1993 - 2002.  So any Avanti coupe from  2001 thru 2006 has the same rear window. I don't believe any coupes were built for the 2007  model year.

Thank you for the answer (that's what the window looked like to me, but I wasn't sure).  That window makes the Avanti coupe look a lot less like a Mustang.    There is at least one 2007 Avanti coupe and there are two more coupes that should be 2007s but were titled as 2006s because they were built on 2006 Mustangs (so the VIN is for a 2006).

EDIT: IIRC, John Hull, former AOAI President, owns a 2007 Avanti coupe.

Edited by studegary

• 4 years later...