Replica wheels

schuyler

I am pondering the purchase of the #7011 Replica Wheels for my 1963 Avanti. They are from Real Rodder Wheels as advertised in the AOAI magazine. These were a dealer option for Avanti. For those of you that have purchased these wheels; Your opinion of the vender? Opinion of the quality of the wheels? Opinion of the price? Opinion of the appearance on a original and stock 1963? Any other comments? Thank you!

John

10 minutes ago, schuyler said:

No other comments?

Because you asked. These are in my mind one of the best looking wheels for an Avanti. If I were choosing this wheel I'd go at least 7" with a wider performance tire and the satin finish. I don't know the price from the website but cost is subjective. If the look is what you want, is saving a few hundred dollars worth it in the long run?

I have the same question for the forum.  I want to know about Real Rodders reputation before I sink a small fortune into the wheels I want for my '63.  My first impression are that they do produce a good product, but in these times we all hope there are still good, upstanding companies out there who stand behind the products they make.  Thanks, John.  I hope you get a response.  Dan  619 933-7832

I think those wheels look fantastic on the blue, '64 Avanti.  I was thinking about some tires with white lettering like BF Goodrich or something.

2 hours ago, Dan Boone said:

I have the same question for the forum.  I want to know about Real Rodders reputation before I sink a small fortune into the wheels I want for my '63.  My first impression are that they do produce a good product, but in these times we all hope there are still good, upstanding companies out there who stand behind the products they make.  Thanks, John.  I hope you get a response.  Dan  619 933-7832

I've seen several sets of these wheels and they are all perfect finish and quality. Also dealt with the company owner and he does what he says and stands behind his product, from what I have seen.

Have a set of these wheels in storage.  Waiting on making body sanding and priming.  Haven't ordered tires yet.  Is a 215-75-15 to big for the turn radius on the front end???  Concerned about the tire hitting the top corner on the fender.   Car has the downward rake and is lower than the above blue /white Avanti's.   Thanks.

I just purchased a set of the 7011's.  The rims are outstanding and the owner is first rate.  The spinners, which he doesn't make, are sub standard in my opinion.  If you don't need the spinners Real Rodder Wheels offers a cap that matches the scalloped edges of the wheels and is a superior piece that matches the quality of the wheel.  A bit more expensive than the spinners but much nicer quality.  I currently have 215 -75-15's on 7" wires with practically the same back spacing on my 63 and have no clearance problems and it's a wider wheel but as Gunslinger alluded to - it can happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I really NEED a set of these wheels, and I'm ready to order them.  Pat at Real Rodder Wheels would like a minimum of six orders or five more after my order.  That's the only way , Pat thinks, that it would be cost effective for him to produce.  Well, I am just trying to find out if anyone else NEEDS these wheels like I  do.  All we need are five more people that would like to bring the value of their cars up a notch, in my opinion.  They would look fantastic on any Avanti, no matter what year.  Please let me know if you would be interested in Pat turning out a small batch of these (six sets) to keep him busy in cranking these out. Dan

2 hours ago, Dan Boone said:

I really NEED a set of these wheels, and I'm ready to order them.  Pat at Real Rodder Wheels would like a minimum of six orders or five more after my order.  That's the only way , Pat thinks, that it would be cost effective for him to produce.  Well, I am just trying to find out if anyone else NEEDS these wheels like I  do.  All we need are five more people that would like to bring the value of their cars up a notch, in my opinion.  They would look fantastic on any Avanti, no matter what year.  Please let me know if you would be interested in Pat turning out a small batch of these (six sets) to keep him busy in cranking these out. Dan

I like these wheels, particularly on Studebaker Avantis.  Be careful stating; "...any Avanti, no matter what year."  Many later year Avantis have a different bolt circle size.  

• 5 months later...