Cleaned the hog troughs!

Ron Dame

I've been putting this off, removing the last of the rotted carpet and moldy interior on R1092. Yuk, I used a mask, but still ended up with a much of nasty in my nose. From there, I cut holes in the floor to access the hog troughs, cleaned out a mouse nest ( yeah, mask again!)  and a bunch of acorns, then sprayed the inside of the troughs and frame rails with Eastwood internal frame coating.

I hadn't touched the car in weeks, I was pissed at it (brakes again) but am back in the saddle again. Whooppy tye yi yay!

I never understood the limited access to cleaning out the hog troughs. They sure made it easy for things to get in.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, brad said:

I never understood the limited access to cleaning out the hog troughs. They sure made it easy for things to get in.

We have to keep in mind that these parts/cars were designed for a three year lifespan before deterioration, not 55 years.

Edited by studegary
added missing "year"

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Av4nti said:

were you able to fix the brakes?

The brakes are fine, I had White Post sleeve the rear cylinders, and all is well $85 each seems steep, but proper new cylinders are a bit more, and these won't pit again. The only other thing is that one dust sheild needs a bit more work to not scrape on teh Turner rotors.