windshield wiper motor

rev ken

how do I remove the three screws that hold the wiper motor to the firewall on my 1980 Avanti?  The screws just 

turn and turn but don't come loose.  Are there nuts inside the car behind the dash?

You're correct...there are nuts behind the dash.  Unless your arms and hands are elastic you'll need another person to help.  One of you has to reach up with a wench to hold the nuts while the other tightens or unscrews it from the top.  

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, Gunslinger said:

You're correct...there are nuts behind the dash.  Unless your arms and hands are elastic you'll need another person to help.  One of you has to reach up with a wench to hold the nuts while the other tightens or unscrews it from the top.  

I know that it is just a "typo", but your use of a "...wench to hold the nuts..."" as an assistant really struck me funny.   

• 1 month later...

My son and I pulled the wiper motor out today.  To access the nuts behind the dash required removal of the fake speaker grill on top of the dash.  Requires small hands and arms to reach back into the opening to hold the nuts.