Avanti "S"!

mfg

Although Studebaker used the distinctive Avanti 'stylized S' at several locations on their Avanti (think avanti hood ornament)......They also used their older 'lazy S' on the car.  (Think of  lazy 'S' vertical style corporate logo used from '63-'66).......................True?

Edited by mfg

True-on the "supercharged" emblems

23 hours ago, murph the surf said:

True-on the "supercharged" emblems

Well Murph, I get what you're saying when you refer to the '63 style' Avanti supercharged fender emblem, however, that style 'S' is quite a bit different from the vertical type' lazy 'S'.

Paul is indeed CORRECT with TRUE!......Nice shot of the STP oil cap decal!!

I can think of three more locations on a '63 or '64 Studebaker Avantis where the early 'Lazy S' is used. (there actually could be more!) .....Can anybody name them?

No one can think of where the other PLAINLY VISIBLE Studebaker 'LazyS'' corporate logos are located on the body of '63-'64 Studebaker Avantis?

r1lark found one on the oil cap....and I know there's at least THREE more!! :o

3 hours ago, r1lark said:

How about the antifreeze tag, and the 'Studebaker Craftsman' sticker?

antifreeze.jpg

craftsman.jpg

craftsman 2.jpg

Sure, these other decals/stickers/tags would qualify,....after all, the 'S' on the oil cap is on a decal.....but in truth, I'm speaking of items that are actually a part (or piece) of the car itself!

Any other ideas?

Wow!, no 'bites' yet?.....I'd add that the Avanti parts carrying the corporate "Lazy S" logo are, once again, not concealed...they are PLAINLY VISIBLE and all have Studebaker part numbers and are all mentioned in the Avanti parts manuals!

1 hour ago, r1lark said:

Still thinking :D

Do the taillight or turn signal lenses have a tiny cast in "S"?

Hey folks,....this Paul guy is SHARP!!:o.............Paul, you just got one of my three.....the "S" is not on the tailight lens, but there is indeed a cast corporate "LazyS" on the front turn signal lens!

The "S' will only be found on the '64 style lens. (on square light Avantis...both clear & amber)...It wont be found on the earlier '63 style two piece Avanti front turn signal lens.

OK folks, how about the other two very obvious Avanti parts that have the corporate "Lazy S"....................Anyone??

Edited by mfg

I think TRUE....  at least on the 1964 models, the cast turn signal housings have the Lazy S cast into the inside of the housing, directly behind the lens, in front of the bulb.

8 hours ago, lschuc said:

I think TRUE....  at least on the 1964 models, the cast turn signal housings have the Lazy S cast into the inside of the housing, directly behind the lens, in front of the bulb.

Lew has come up with a corporate "Lazy S" location on a Studebaker Avanti (and probably Avanti ll through '83) which I did not have....WELL DONE!:)

Now, there are still at least two more "S" locations which are PLAINLY VISIBLE, without any dis-assembly!....Can anyone find them?

4 hours ago, mfg said:

OK...I'll give up one of the two cards I'm still holding.............The windshield washer bag! :)

Now, how about that last one?

Good one.... although one could argue that the windshield washer was an accessory and not all Avantis left the factory with one.  So this is not a permanent structure of the car, unlike the 1964 turn signal housing castings.

36 minutes ago, lschuc said:

Good one.... although one could argue that the windshield washer was an accessory and not all Avantis left the factory with one.  So this is not a permanent structure of the car, unlike the 1964 turn signal housing castings.

Thanks!, and I agree the washers were an accessory. (Although I don't think I've ever seen a Studebaker Avanti that didn't have windshield washers!)

Now, how about that last item, a definite plainly visible and permanent part of a Studebaker Avanti!:)

20 minutes ago, mfg said:

Thanks!, and I agree the washers were an accessory. (Although I don't think I've ever seen a Studebaker Avanti that didn't have windshield washers!)

Now, how about that last item, a definite plainly visible and permanent part of a Studebaker Avanti!:)

63R-1250 did not come from the factory with a windshield washer.   So there must be others without this accessory too.

• 2 weeks later...

THE LAST ITEM!!!!! (drum role).........1964 style 'square' glass headlamp covers have the Studebaker corporate 'lazy 's' at bottom center.

It's interesting to note Studebaker did not display this 'lazy s' on the 1963 'round L&R glass headlamp covers....Ed :)