Visor repair/restoration

BillyBob

Catching up on some old Turning Wheels ads - what is known about visor restoration?  Specifically,  I see a Business Card File ad for Loga Enterprises in Eau Claire, WI that does " interior sun visor restoratiion".  What experience is there with this service?  Other?

• 2 weeks later...

SI has them coming out soon. They are most likely better than the ones I have seen from the other vendor mentioned. I will also surmise they would be priced much lower.  I would also think you will be treated as a valued customer, even if you don't spend $10,000 dollars with them like the "other" vendor demanded before he would sell a $300 dollar part to me.

Edited by brad

Hi, Brad. That's good news about SI offering them shortly. I mean this respectfully, but do you have this on good authority? Having been an Avanti owner for 40+ years, something in the back of my mind says that SI has been planning to offer these visors for quite some time. Or, that the words "Coming Soon" were used in the SI promotional material. That said, it would certainly be great, if reproducing the Avanti visors has made it to the top of the SI list. Thanks. John

Edited by Jolly-John

Studebaker International has a full page ad coming in the next Avanti Magazine, and list Avanti sunvisors (along with a picture of both) as part #1347700-1.  The ad says to call for availability and price. 

Lew

If  you want to try repairing your visors, if not too far gone,  check out the article in Avanti Magazine #170, Spring/Summer 2015,  on page 50.  You just might be able to repair cracks in your sun visors using supplied from most good art supply stores.

Thanks for the reminder, Lew. I have used that method once in the past. Cosmetically, I felt the end result looked good. But, I was always afraid to touch the visors, once I mounted them back in the car. They seemed fragile. However, with as useless (my opinion) as the Avanti sunvisors are for their stated purpose, a person doesn't really have to move them anyway! John

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ever tried to remount them closer to the windshield so that they can be a bit more effective.  It seems that I could move them about an inch forward by adding to the mounting blocks. Or what is the most authentic larger substitution that people try instead?