'87-'88 Avantis!

mfg

50 minutes ago, mfg said:

More Avanti automobiles were built in 1987 than in 1988......True?

False - There were 166 in 1987 (one of which I bought new) and 180 in 1988.

14 hours ago, studegary said:

Sorry, false is not correct!

Edited by mfg

I think that we are in semantics again.  When dealing in car numbers, we usually refer to model years.  Obviously, you are referring to calendar years (unless your production numbers disagree with mine).  

11 hours ago, studegary said:

I think that we are in semantics again.  When dealing in car numbers, we usually refer to model years.  Obviously, you are referring to calendar years (unless your production numbers disagree with mine).  

Your production figures are off Gary,.....1987....163 units.......1988.....180 units!

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, studegary said:

22 hours ago, mfg said:

Sorry, false is not correct!

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Your production figures are off Gary,.....1987....163 units.......1988.....180 units!

Gary's answer and production figures are correct.

1 hour ago, Regnalbob said:

Gary's answer and production figures are correct.

"87-'88 Avanti production figures have been debated over the years.....however, I'm going with John Hull's comprehensive research regarding this topic.

I refer you to 'AVANTI MAGAZINE issue # 152,( page 12)....'87 production 163 units, '88 production 180 units.

Gary's FALSE answer to my original trivia question was CORRECT however!

23 hours ago, mfg said:

"87-'88 Avanti production figures have been debated over the years.....however, I'm going with John Hull's comprehensive research regarding this topic.

I refer you to 'AVANTI MAGAZINE issue # 152,( page 12)....'87 production 163 units, '88 production 180 units.

Gary's FALSE answer to my original trivia question was CORRECT however!

I don't know when John Hull did that article.  His book; "Avanti the Complete Story" (2008) has numbers that agree with mine/what I list above.    

1 hour ago, studegary said:

I don't know when John Hull did that article.  His book; "Avanti the Complete Story" (2008) has numbers that agree with mine/what I list above.    

The article was published in 2010.....Gary, you're assuming that 166 1987 Avanti automobiles were produced because the last one built was assigned # 166 ........

However,  1987 Avanti #'s 152, 162, and 165 were for some reason never actually built.

This is the reason TOTAL Avanti production for 1987 was 163 units.

6 hours ago, mfg said:

The article was published in 2010.....Gary, you're assuming that 166 1987 Avanti automobiles were produced because the last one built was assigned # 166 ........

However,  1987 Avanti #'s 152, 162, and 165 were for some reason never actually built.

This is the reason TOTAL Avanti production for 1987 was 163 units.

Thank you!  I am still learning things.