'84 Avanti Door weather seals

sbuetsch

Hello everyone, I have 1984 Avanti Touring Coupe and am looking for suggestions on where to get door weather seal kits. I am new to Avanti's and learning as I go.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sherm

Welcome to the AOAI Forum!

Studebaker International has door seals for 1983s.  I do not know of a difference to 1984.  Someone else can chime in with any difference with the seals around the doors. 

You might also try Valerie Hansen, that is where most of the reproduction gaskets for Studebakers and Avantis come from.

Even though your Avanti was not built by Studebaker, especially the body and chassis is quite similar to 1963-1964 Studebaker Avantis.  I strongly suggest that you join the Studebaker Drivers Club as well as AOAI to get information, including vendors, related to your Avanti.  .

Thank you very much studegary. I have been of SDC since 1974, but just got the Avanti and joined AOAI last year. Still learning about the Avanti. I emailed Valerie last week, but haven't heard back. From what I have heard the Avanti body and chassis were all pretty much the same to '85, except for the drive train's and cosmetics.

Thanks for your info, I appreciate your time, Sherm

• 11 months later...

The SI door seals for my '85 (RQB-4245) were not correct - I ended up getting up returning them and getting the correct seals from Jon Myers in Ohio.

James

• 1 month later...

Based on your vin # you do not have a Touring Coupe the Touring coupes were  12AAV1230e1003850 to 3899 you more than likely have Touring Coupe options

Edited by dlp750

Don't forget the go-to guy for Avanti's is Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors in Wixom Michigan. He bought out the old Avanti stock and has most of the molds. Very knowledgeable individual. You need to call him as he doesn't do internet.

DLP 750, The Touring Coupe option WAS available on any of the Avanti's  1983 to the last of the 1985's. Now the 1983's were the 20th. Anniversary Special Edition Coupe', and  Touring Coupe' model. See John Hull's Avanti the Complete Story, page 45 thru 48.  Lou Cote'

• 4 weeks later...

Touring Coupe option was available on other cars But the first 50 in 84  RQB 3850-RQB 3899 are listed as Touring Coupes in the registry. So I stand by my statement That his is not A Touring Coupe based on his car #4006 From the registry RQB 3899 Last of the original 50 Touring Coupes.

Edited by dlp750