1987 Hog Troughs & 1989 Paint Color Code

mvpfrank

Since the 1987 Avanti has a Monte Carlo frame what is the situation with the Hog Troughs? Do they exist in the 87? If so how are they different & if different are they still subject to rotting out as in the earlier Lark frame Avanti's.

In 1989 there was a color that was a cross between a dark burgundy and/or Black Cherry. I'm looking for the color code & associated name so I can get my 1987 repainted, currently red. I'm trying to duplicate the color of the car below that I saw at a show.

DSCN8618 - Copy.JPG

The 1987 Avanti doesn't have Hog Troughs, so no need to worry about them. A good paint store should be able to match the color.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

• 5 months later...

The color of the pictured 89 above is a Candy Apple Red, as the owner told it, was painted in the factory for the company's owner.  The car did end up being in a car dealership show room for a number of years before the current owner bought it.  In the winter of 2014 and spring of 2015, I was trying to get the code to that paint.  John Hull was able to get me the code, but nothing in today's paints matched up with it.  I ended up using GM's Crystal tint coat red which has been out for a few years and looks great, especially in the sunlight.

IMG_1630.JPG