Hood Latch Photo

wapanzica

I need a photo of the hood latch from a Mustang based 2006 or 2007.  Mine had broken off and I cant remember if the long leg of the latch goes to the front or the back.  Also what have you done to make this latch stronger?  It seems to be a common problem of this latch breaking.

Thanks for any help.

Bill

The long end goes to the back of the car. I believe the latch itself is plenty strong. Maybe yours had bad welds and with better weld beads it will be just fine. I did find the lock part that is mounted on  the firewall to not be very secure so I added fender washers on both sides of the firewall which gave the lock more contact area with the firewall and is now very secure. Also the lock had such a strong spring inside of it, it required a lot of force pushing down on the hood to engage it so I replaced it with a lighter spring found at Menards in their spring assortment drawers. This had the added benefit of releasing the hood  much easier. With the old spring I was afraid the release cable would break as you had to pull on it so hard. Hope this helps.

20170117_151413.jpg